15 February 2007

Bell's Palsy, The Chronicles, Part 4

Oy. Not a good day. Last night was full of fitful sleep because the pain in my parotid gland was so bad. When I got up this morning, my eye and mouth felt stronger, but the pain was still there.

I made an appointment with my doctor, and he seems stumped as to why my pain has persisted. So he's ordered a CT scan to make sure there isn't something else wrong. Like a tumor. This scares me because I had a pre-cancerous growth removed from my breast a little over a year ago, so I'm at risk for developing tumors.

The doctor also advised me to stay home from work tomorrow, thinking that I may be overdoing it. I feel so guilty missing so much work, but I don't know what to do, and I'm not being very productive. Today has been a downer. I really try to stay positive, but it's hard now that I know I'm not presenting normal symptoms. I've been sick a lot in the past year, and it makes me feel like a weak person, that I should be able to suck it up.

Today's symptoms: headache, neck pain, severe inner and outer ear pain (as in, wearing a hat is like murder!), tongue pain, dry eye, drooping mouth, face is tender to touch, slight swelling.

It is day 9 of my BP.

No comments: