29 March 2007

Greetings from sunny Florida

I'm back home, basking in my love of Florida. I used to say I hated Florida, but now that I've lived away, I've begun to really appreciate the eclectic culture, the water, and the colorful people. (And, come on, it gets really old seeing only white people all the time.)

Yesterday, as I was riding in the car with my mother down a particularly clogged part of the interstate that buzzes right through town, it hit me. Mom was cursing the heavy traffic, going five feet then stopping, but I was looking out the window longingly at the different types of people, the historic buildings, the billboards advertising local theatre productions. This is my home. It's dirty, loud, tacky and clogged, but I wouldn't have it any other way.

I'm thinking about getting one of these for my car.

No comments: